In order to strengthen a sense of belonging to the school, we request that all children wear the following uniform:
Required Boys Uniform
- Grey trousers / knee length shorts if preferred
- Shirt - white, short sleeves are preferable and more suitable for younger children
- Pullover/sweat shirt - royal blue with the school motif
- Black sensible shoes (not trainers)
- Black or grey socks
- School Tie
- No extreme or ‘buzz’ cut hairstyles
Required Girls Uniform
- Grey skirt/plaid grey skirt/Tailored trousers/culottes knee length shorts are
acceptable or a blue pinafore dress.
- Blouse/white shirt, short sleeves are preferable and more suitable for younger children
- Pullover/sweatshirt/cardigan - royal blue with the school motif.
- White socks or grey tights.
- Black Sensible shoes (not trainers)
- Tie or bow tie
- Hair must be tied back with a simple bobble or clip in school colours (blue, yellow or white). No large hair bows are permitted.
Whitakers in Blackburn and Abbey Street in Accrington also sell our school uniform. Motif uniform items and school ties can also be purchased from the school office for the prices below.
SCHOOL UNIFORM PRICES
V-neck sweat shirts £10.00
School book bags £5.00
Pump bags / swim bags £5.00
Elastic ties £5.00
Clip on ties £5.00
Normal Ties £5.00
For P.E. every child must have a pair of pumps, shorts (black) and tee shirt (white) in a bag which should remain in school during term-time. New and expensive items need not be provided as primary age children grow out of things so quickly. Pump/swimming bags can be purchased from school, the present cost is £3.00. They are available in red, blue and claret.
We request that if you are having your child’s ear pierced this is done in the 6 week holidays as earrings are not permitted in PE. Earrings must be plain studs in silver or gold. No hoops, glittery or character earrings are allowed. Watches are permitted but they must not be a distraction to learning. No other jewellery is permitted.
Only book bags are permitted-no rucksacks are allowed as we do not have sufficient storage space in school.
Year 6 children who walk to and from home are permitted to bring mobile phones to school but these must be dropped off at the office at registration and picked up at the end of the day.